There are three basic phases of consciousness – wakeful, rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and non-REM (NREM) sleep – that occur in 5 stages: Stage 1 (drowsy, partially awake), Stage 2 (light sleep), Stages 3&4 (deep sleep) and Stage 5 (REM) and each stage is associated with different types of brainwaves. When awake and alert, fast beta brainwaves predominate but with relaxation and sleep, the slower alpha then delta and finally theta (very deep sleep) waves come into play. Anything that affects this pattern – environmental, age or organic in origin – will disrupt the natural circadian cycle (the body’s internal clock) with associated consequences.
The ingredients in AC Grace’s Sleep formula are based on currently available data (primarily human clinical trials) and each in the amounts scientifically supported to positively affect different phases of the sleep-wake cycle.
- Contains condition-specific ingredients in quantities proven efficacious
- Supported by over 50 ingredient-specific human peer-reviewed and published clinical trials
- Noticeable results typically seen within 2-3 nights of use
Promotes and Supports:
Reduced sleep latency (the time it takes to fall asleep)1
Relaxation (drowsiness) and the length of sleep 2
Healthy serotonin (the “happy molecule”) levels3
A healthy circadian (clock) rhythm4
Suggested Use: Take one capsules 20-30 minutes before bedtime or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Leathwood P, Chauf fard F. Planta Med .1985. 2:144-148.
- Salter S, Brownie S. Australian Family Physician. 39(6):433-437.
- Nell H, Siebert M, Chellan P et al. J Altern Complement Med. 2013. 19(11):898-904.
- Rajaratnam S, Middleton B, Stone B et al. J Physiol. 2004;561(1):339-51.
- Leathwood P, Chauffard F, Heck E et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1982. 17(1):65-71.
- Bruce SE, Werner KB, Preston BF, et al. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2015. 65(8): 1003-1007.
- Scholey A, Camfield D, Hughes M et al. Trials. 2013;14:404.